March 09, 2012

2012 MLB Power Rankings - preseason

This is my first MLB power rankings of the year.  Let me cut right through the chase and start with my #1...

#1. Houston Astros - WHAT?  Am I crazy.  Do I know anything about baseball?  Read on to see the rest of the list and my simple explanation of why they are worthy of the top spot



#1. Angels
#1. Arizona
#1. Atlanta
#1. Baltimore
#1. Boston
#1. Cincinnati
#1. Cleveland
#1. Colorado
#1. Cubs
#1. Detroit
#1. Dodgers
#1. Florida
#1. Kansas City
#1. Mets
#1. Milwaukee
#1. Minnesota
#1. Oakland
#1. Philadelphia
#1. Pittsburgh
#1. San Diego
#1. San Francisco
#1. Seattle
#1. St. Louis
#1. Tampa Bay
#1. Texas
#1. Toronto
#1. Washington
#1. White Sox
#1. Yankees

Yes, I have 30 teams tied for the #1 ranking.  I did this for 2 reasons.
1) No matter who ends up winning the World Series, I can point back to this post and gloat about how I had ranked them #1 prior to the season
2) More seriously, last year I had 3 different sets of rankings before the season even started.  Teams hadn't finished making roster moves and spring training battles hadn't been fought yet and I was trying to predict what would happen.  For the most part I did a poor job at that early stage.

To reduce the chance of a that reoccuring, I will wait until Opening Day for my first real set of power rankings.

Anyhow, for fun here are the rankings from last year:
January
February
March
Opening Day predictions
May
June
July
August
September

PLAY!

While you wait for opening day, why not play OOTP Out of the Park Baseball?

Buy OOTP Baseball 12 PC & Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment