April 29, 2014

Afternoon off to Ump Doubleheader

Due to the cold and wet spring Alberta has had, many CCBC league games have been rained out and need to be played prior to the playoffs. By the way, I will be at the Canadian College Baseball Championships from May 8 to 11th so expect some posts with game highlights. Anyways, the Prairie Baseball Academy out of Lethbridge is coming to town to play a pair of midweek games tomorrow afternoon against the University of Calgary.

Of course, it's always a challenge to get umpires during the workday. But It's going to be a nice sunny day. No rain and no snow. This is a rarity during the ball season in Alberta (forecast snow on the weekend, I fully expect all the games I'm doing to be cancelled). So I volunteered to take the afternoon off work and spend it at the ball diamond instead. I'm looking forward to it.  Let's play 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment