January 17, 2017

Hall of Fame Ballot - FINAL

In my previous posts I have covered all the new players on this year's ballot with a link to the Red Sox as well as those of interest to my Canadian readers.  (And provided links to previous year's write-ups for returning candidates).

See links below for those articles:
Red Sox players
Canadian / Expos / Blue Jays





To summarize, I would vote for the following Red Sox players:

  • Jeff Bagwell 
  • Roger Clemens 
  • Curt Schilling 
  • Lee Smith 
  • Billy Wagner 
  • Manny Ramirez


And the following Canadians/Blue Jays/Expos:

  • Vladimir Guerrero
  • Tim Raines 
  • Edgar Martinez 
  • Fred McGriff 
  • Larry Walker 


Additionally, the following candidates would get a check mark from me:

  • Barry Bonds
  • Trevor Hoffman
  • Mike Mussina
  • Ivan Rodriguez


That’s a total of 15.  I need to remove 5.  Lee Smith (regrettably in his last year), Trevor Hoffman and Billy Wagner are easy choices.  As in previous years, I’ll need to erase the checkmark next to Fred McGriff’s name.  My last cut is Mike Mussina.  He deserves it, but will need to wait for a future year. 
My final ballot:

No comments:

Post a Comment