|Jim Rice standing next to a good looking guy, |
and his personalized licence plate
Every year, C70 at the Bat which is an excellent baseball blog, hosted within Cards Conclave, mainly about the St.Louis Cardinals, gets a feel for other teams around baseball by asking bloggers of those teams a few questions about their squad. Once again, I get to be one of the writers with the privilege of sharing my thoughts on the Red Sox on their blog.
You can look here to see what I said going into the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 seasons. Maybe the sixth time is a charm, and I'll actually provide an accurate forecast.
This year I have been asked to answer the following questions:
- Was it a good offseason for the team? Did they do what they needed to do? Is there any move you wished they had made that they didn’t?
- 2017 starts the post-David Ortiz era. How different will that be for you and for the team?
- What’s the thinking on Craig Kimbrel? A bit of an off year or the beginning of a decline?
- Is there an unheralded player that people should keep an eye on this season?
- What’s your projection of the team’s record and/or where will they finish in the division?
- Who is your all-time favorite Red Sox and why?
If you've ever read anything I've said, you can guess the answer to the last question (look at the picture above!) but you'll need to wait until February 23rd to see the rest of my answers on C70.